Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Russian Community at the end of East End Road

At the end of my drive along the East End Road, between where the pavement ended and I had to turn around, I realized I was driving through
a Russian community. As I was investigating whether I could drive farther, two young girls dressed in long, shiny pretty dresses drove by me on an ATV (confirming I was in another land).



I came across a fabric shop and stopped in. Another signal that I was in a Russian Community. This shop looked very old fashioned to me, with flowery materials and shiny materials.

It is obviously an all in one stop for girls getting married and for other dressy occasions. There were also many type shoes just inside the front door, I guess to try on for a fitting.






How long has it been since you saw you could purchase a men's shirt for this price? I was completely blown away. I was glad no one was in the shop to see my astonishment.




Views of what I could not get closer to by not being able to go
down that
dang sandy
hill.












BBFN, Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home