Tuesday, July 22, 2008

East End Road, a drive out of Homer

These gardens are extremely soothing. Someone put a lot of time and energy into making this beautiful perennial garden.



The gardens
are at the entrance of Stream Hill Park, a development in the "beginning" stages.


Along this very scenic drive I had many views of the glaciers in the Harding Icefield, across the Kachemak Bay.
The houses are as diverse in Alaska as the drives and scenery.














And the roller coaster roads add to the fun of any drive.















East Gate Fellowship Church









No knowing exactly where I was going or what I was going to see, I traveled 22.4 miles on pavement out of Homer then 8.3 more until I reached a high brush-covered cliff. At this point the road turned to a sand road going down another 1,000 feet before reaching the beach. Many warnings told me not to drive down this "drop off" and I heeded those warnings.
BBFN, Karen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home